Laciny Historical Timeline
Alexander Laciny was born in Hungary in the mid-1800's. His occupation was a copper & tinsmith. He wed Helene M. Laciny (pictured front row, left) and had 4 children. Carl Ernest (pictured back row, left), Leopold Walter (pictured back row, center), Victor Alexander (pictured back row, far right) and Teresa (pictured center, between Leopold and Victor).
Seeking better opportunities, Carl, Leopold, Victor, Teresa and Helene emigrated to the United States, eventually settling in St. Louis, MO in the early 1900's. Together in 1916, the three brothers started Laciny Bros. with $23 each, eventually Incorporating in 1928.
*Also pictured is Victor's wife Mary Grim, front row, far right.
Drawing from centuries old fabricating techniques, the three brothers started a business in St. Louis, MO in 1916 in hopes of pursuing the American dream.
Riding the wave of the 1904 World's Fair and Summer Olympics, St. Louis had the 4th largest population in the country, offering plenty of job opportunities for its citizens.
Citing disbelief regarding the company's potential success, Victor and his wife Mary moved to Birmingham, Alabama to open a sheet metal fabrication business. Pictured here is Victor Sr. (far left) and his son Victor Jr. (far right).
The two remaining brothers, Carl and Leopold, purchased a building in North St. Louis City at 2425 N 25th street.
Local to the area was a firetruck manufacturer called Robinson Fire Apparatus. Laciny Bros designed custom tanks for their firetrucks.
Laciny Bros employees can be seen fabricating custom firetruck extinguishers.
Shop photo from 1923.
On April 23rd of 1925, Laciny Bros., Inc. moved to its 2nd location at 2412/2414/2416 Menard St. in Soulard, near downtown St. Louis. Lots 2 and 3 (the commercial buildings) were sold on April 23, 1925, to Leopold Laciny and his wife Olga. Later that year, lot 4 (residential), was sold to Leopold's brother Carl and his mother Helene.
As Laciny Bros., Inc. became established in the community, they expanded their capabilities, focusing more on Food & Beverage applications, primarily in the dairy and confectionary industries.
Laciny Bros., Inc. built and repaired dairy trucks for Pevely Farms for a number of years.
Laciny Bros., Inc. officially receives their articles of Incorporation on March 5th, 1928.
Carl Laciny and employee standing next to a heat exchanger.
As stainless-steel became more prevalent in the marketplace, Laciny Bros., Inc. developed fabrication techniques that made them one of the most sought-after sanitary fabricators in the area. Leopold and Carl seen here inspecting a stainless-steel tank.
The oldest of the brothers, Carl Laciny, passes away on October 11th, 1944, leaving Leopold Laciny as the sole owner of Laciny Bros., Inc. Pictured here is Carl Laciny.
Laciny Bros., Inc. continued to flourish after Carl's passing as Leopold and Olga raised two sons and a daughter. Pictured is Don Otto (back left, father of Donald Clark Laciny), Arleen Laciny (back center), and Lloyd Laciny (back right, father of Robert Laciny).
Don Sr. and Arleen join the family business.
After outgrowing the building in Soulard, Laciny Bros., Inc. moved to its 3rd location at 1100 S Jefferson Ave.
After graduating high school, Robert Laciny (back row, second from left) and Donald Jr. (back row, center) joined the family business.
Pictured is the first whole body PET scan machine fabricated by Laciny Bros., Inc. for Washington University in St. Louis.
Laciny Bros., Inc. was contracted to make a trolley for the Cheshire Inn.
As Laciny Bros., Inc. continued to expand its capabilities, mainly into machine building, the need for a larger manufacturing facility with increased utility capacity was required. As a result, the business moved to its current location at 6622 Vernon Ave. in University City, just west of downtown St Louis.
Bob Laciny and Arleen Laciny Ulz purchase all company shares from Don Sr. and Donald on September 10th, 1991. Arleen Laciny Ulz names Bob Laciny president of Laciny Bros., Inc. Pictured here is Arleen Laciny Ulz.
After 75 years in business, Laciny Bros., Inc. continues to provide world class craftsmanship specializing in sanitary fabrication.
While continuing to serve the Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage industries, Laciny Bros., Inc. began making custom machines as part of its many services.
Arleen Laciny retires and Bob Laciny assumes full ownership of the business in 1997.
Bob Laciny's two sons Rob and Tim Laciny join the family business in the spring of 2001.
Laciny Bros., Inc. continued to expand its engineering capabilities by designing and fabricating large custom machinery for the Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Laciny Bros employees celebrate 90 years in business.
Laciny Bros., Inc. was contracted to make a radioactive Hot Cell.
After the passing of 3rd generation owner Bob Laciny, his son Tim purchases the business and becomes the 4th generation president and sole owner of Laciny Bros., Inc.
Laciny Bros., Inc. employees celebrate 100 years in business.
Laciny Bros., Inc. employees celebrate 105 in business.